Nairn County U20s 3 Forres U20s 1 - Report

3rd April, 2017 •
Posted In: Youth News
Written By: Graeme Macleod •
Comments: 0 Comments

RYAN MacBean's double and a first goal for the club from Callum Ednie sealed all three points for Nairn County under-20s as they returned to North of Scotland League action against Forres Mechanics at Station Park.

Forres made the better start but was the home side who almost broke the deadlock on 13 minutes but Jack Maclean could only direct his header over the bar as he rushed in to meet Matty Macleod's cross from the right.

County threatened again on 19 minutes after a great touch and pass by Ryan MacBean sent Ian Payne scampering down the right. He pulled the ball back inside for Macleod, who turned past a defender before clipping an effort over the top.

Debutant Cameron Maclean opened up the Forres defence with a lofted through pass on 27 minutes that Macleod ran on to but he was unable to set himself before blasting over the bar.

The opener arrived a minute later though. Macleod was the provider as he lofted a free kick into the box from wide on the left and the ball was flicked beyond Forres goalkeeper Euan Storrier by the head of Callum Ednie.

Nairn doubled their lead on 58 minutes. A superb clipped pass by Aaron Fraser sent Ian Payne in behind the full back as he advanced down the right. His delivery went all the way through to Jack Maclean at the far post and he played a low ball back across for Ryan MacBean to force beyond Storrier from six yards.

County added a third on 71 minutes. Substitute Sam Gordon was the architect as his through pass was perfectly-weighted for Ryan MacBean to run on to and the striker showed a cool head to stroke a low effort under the advancing Storrier.

The visitors grabbed a goal four minutes from the end with Romario Brudenell forcing the ball through to Brandon Hutchison, who found himself goal side of substitute Josh Millard to poke the ball past Fraser Wilkie.

Forres almost added another but Owen Paterson's drilled free kick from wide on the right struck Andrew Simpson and trickled past the near post.

Nairn County - Wilkie, Tweedie (yellow 69) (Millard 75) (y 89), J. Maclean, Munro, Ednie (y 77), C. Maclean (Cuthbert 75), Payne, Fraser, MacBean, M. Macleod, McConaghy (Gordon 61) (y 76). Subs unused: Wheeler, Grant.

Forres Mechanics - Storrier, Niedzwiedz, Douglas, Gresham, Fraser (red 90+4), Wilson, Maclaren (Brudenell 68), Duthie (Scott 61), Hutchison, Paterson, Kennedy (Simpson 61). Subs unused: Brown.

Referee - Stephen McDade.


No Comments.

Post a Comment

CAPTCHA Image Reload Image