THE draw for the first round of the Scottish Cup took place this morning and paired us with a home match tie against Selkirk. It represents the second time in four years that the club from the Borders have visited Station Park at this round of the competition. All you need to know about our Cup opponents is below.
Ground: Yarrow Park
Manager: Steve Forrest
Nickname: The Souters
Colours: Blue and white shirts, blue shorts, blue socks
League: Scottish Lowland League
Final position 2014-15: 12th (out of 14)
Current position: 8th (out of 15)
Manager Les Fridge also spoke exclusively to the club website to give his reaction to the draw. He said: “We are quite happy with the fact it is a home tie. We played Selkirk four years ago in the cup but I am sure things have changed there since then. A home tie is what you want first and foremost though and we will do our homework and not take things lightly.
“A lot has changed in our team as well since we last played them, so that tie will count for nothing. It is a one-off cup tie and if I remember correctly, the last time they were up they came up on the Friday and stayed overnight, prepared really well for it and I am sure they will go along the same lines again.
“It is the Scottish Cup and we will get them watched and take things from there. It is a home draw which we will prepare properly – there will be no doubts about that.”
Full draw :
- Banks O’Dee v Cove Rangers
- BSC Glasgow v Auchlinleck Talbot
- Strathspey Thistle v Edinburgh University
- Lothian Thistle / Girvan v Kelty Hearts
- Preston Athletic v Fort William
- Lossiemouth v Forres Mechanics
- Keith v Inverurie Loco Works
- Spartans v Coldstream
- Hawick Royal Albert v Huntly
- Deveronvale v Clachnacuddin
- Threave Rovers v University of Stirling
- Gala Fairydean Rovers v Linlithgow Rose
- Cumbernauld Colts v Glasgow University
- Nairn County v Selkirk
- Buckie Thistle v Rothes
- Fraserburgh v Dalbeattie Star
- Wick Academy v Whitehill Welfare
- Formartine United v Gretna 2008
Ties to be played on Saturday September 26th.