THE Nairn County Fans Fund has been running for over two years and has been a big success.
The club used a substantial amount of the funds raised in the first year to refurbish and repaint four floodlight pylons. And more money has been used towards individual projects in recent months.
A contribution was made towards the soon-to-be-installed toilet block, which will reinforce the club's commitment to maintaining the facilities to a high standard at Station Park.
The other projects that have benefited from the Fund are as follows:-
• The fitness bikes and ice bath which were installed into the new mini gym and rehabilitation room within the stand were partly funded by Fans Fund money and have proved very popular with the current squad of players.
• New goal nets at Station Park.
• Lighting upgrade work on a set of floodlights at Station Park to allow the club to maintain the Club Licence bronze award for the ground as awarded by the SFA.
• Initial setup costs for the NCFC under-13s squad that started for the first time this summer.
• Buying important ground maintenance supplies and equipment.
• Providing funds for the three-game trial of our NCFC TV channel.
The Fund was put in place in the summer of 2016 to give fans the opportunity to back the new Management Committee in their efforts to advance the club. And now cash will be released to support projects that will take Nairn County forward.
Committee member Donald Graham said: “The Fans Fund is a source of income that is important to help drive forward projects at Nairn County.
“Planned and unplanned maintenance works are always the priority but we must also discover new ways to develop and grow the club too.
“The under-13s squad is one of the best things to happen at Nairn County for years, as is the new online TV channel that we hope to develop from 2019 onwards and the money generated from the Fans Fund allowed these projects to start a lot sooner than we had planned.”
He added: “I cannot thank all the supporters who have donated to the Fans Fund enough for all of their generosity. We have had people sign up from within the local area and well beyond and I can assure the fans that any donations will always be put towards the future wellbeing of Nairn County Football Club.”
To join the Nairn County Fans Fund, please setup a Standing Order for a minimum of £10 per month to the account listed below:
Sort code 83-25-23
Account number 00299983